Remote access to emergency medical services
“Partnering with PRAXES ensures our medics in remote mining locations across Canada have immediate 24/7 access to world-class medical advice in emergency situations”.
- President, Frontier Medex
Canada’s premiere telemedicine service for industry
PRAXES’ telemedicine solution combines both emergency and occupational health medical support in one system. It is a unique solution designed to improve health, reduce risk, and save money.
PRAXES Telemedicine is the only service that:
- Has one global call number
- Guarantees caller has emergency physician on line in under 5 minutes, anywhere.
- Bilingual services (French/English) as well as translation for other languages
- Records every call
- Establishes a medical record for every call
- Assesses skills of the caller/medic on every call
- Auto-faxes information to referral clinic or hospital as appropriate
- Sends incident alert to the client if desired
- Is ISO certified
Contact us for more information about our telemedicine (remote healthcare delivery) services.
“With PRAXES technology, we have reduced expensive vessel diversions, significantly improved our ranking with WCB, and saved in excess of $500,000 annually”.
- Colin MacDonald, CEO, Clearwater Fine Foods Inc.
Remote medicine – preventing incidents from becoming accidents
Remote medical incidents can quickly result in large costs to an organization. The average age of workers is rising; and chronic conditions are more common among workers. Employers now manage more health issues than ever.
EMdoc Telemedicine – a typical call
EMdoc is on standby 24/7 to provide immediate medical advice. A timely call by your field staff will trigger the following response in under 5 minutes, globally:
- Call placed to the PRAXES call centre via one, global number
- If translation services are required, the dispatcher patches the translator, physician, and caller together
- PRAXES emergency physician responds in under 5 minutes, supplying medical advice to your on-site staff
- Occupational health issues are triaged as required
- If a medical evacuation is required, the system sends a medical report to a receiving institution and automatically alerts a designated company manager via email or text message, anywhere in the world
- An electronic medical record is created by the PRAXES Physician using EMwerx – our proprietary software solution
- Incident information and alerts are available immediately via email or fax
- Remote medical staff are evaluated on every call and every call is recorded
The right combination of highly trained and experienced physicians, unique protocols and innovative software supports the PRAXES 5 minute global response guarantee. PRAXES offers the only remote medicine service that includes guaranteed response times, specialist physicians, translation services, electronic medical records, and automated alerts.
Contact us to learn more about our remote medical services.
Senior OH resources at your fingertips
With our telemedicine sevice, PRAXES puts a senior occupational health physician on your site any time, via phone, Internet, or video to assist your organization with:
- Expert occupational health support for on-site health and safety personnel
- Detailed knowledge of WCB, Occupational Health and Safety legislation requirements including OSHA
- Defining effective early intervention action plans that provide the best care and reduce risk for the employee and the business
The business case for OHdoc Telemedicine
OHdoc helps clients effectively manage remote workplace injury/illness issues without having to take employees away from a remote worksite.
Our OHdoc services improve medical care delivery while reducing costs by:
- Assessing employees for work fitness now, eliminating need for costly diversions to medical facilities
- PRAXES occupational health specialist recommends action consistent with OH&S and WCB law and corporate injury management systems, thus reducing business risk
- Ongoing access to OHdoc telemedicine ensures employees are managed remotely throughout recovery process
How is the OHdoc Telemedicine service delivered?
A single telephone number connects you to our health concierge who manages OHdoc telemedicine bookings for our occupational health physicians. Callers can range from site medical personnel seeking advice regarding an employee’s fitness for work, to senior safety personnel seeking advice on the classification of injuries or treatment outcomes.
Who is on the OHdoc Telemedicine team?
Our team of occupational health physicians and nurses is led by Dr. Donald Haigh B.Sc, M.Sc, MDCM, CIME, FCBOM, one of Canada’s leading occupational health professionals. His clinical experience includes:
- OH&S, WCB and OSHA legislation
- CAPP offshore medical examinations
- Transport Canada seafarers exams
- Aviation medicine
- Diving medicine
- Providing medico-legal opinions as a Certified Independent Medical Examiner
- Industrial Hygiene support and planning
Contact us to learn more about our occupational health telemedicine services.