Advocates of workplace health
Healthy employees make up the foundation of a healthy business.
The PRAXES team of workplace health specialists uses a wide range of tools to ensure the health and wellness of your organization. We begin by assessing the health and wellness of your staff, and then design programs to meet the needs of your organization.
Corporate wellness tools and services include:
On-site Flu Clinics
Flu shots protect your workplace health and productivity!
Employees who receive the flu vaccine have significantly less chance of developing the flu and are likely to experience reduced symptoms. An on-site flu clinic provides your employees with easy access to flu shots, while minimizing their time away from work.
We also give vaccinations at our Halifax clinic location, 6030 Almon St. Halifax, NS B3K 1T9:
Workplace Health Promotion Programs
Health promotion in the workplace
For most organizations, employee health plays a key role in business success. Workplace health promotion programs have a high percieved value among employees, bring health services to the employee, and can be effective in changing employee health behaviour.
PRAXES offers workplace health promotion programs, including:
- Smoking cessation programs
- Back injury prevention programs
- Blood pressure monitoring programs
- Diabetes management programs
- Health coaching – customized health programs for companies and individuals
PRAXES also provides on site services:
- On-site basic medical assessments
- On-site flu clinics
- On-site pulmonary function tests
- Workplace presentations on nutrition
- Workplace presentations on stress management
- Workplace presentations on smoking cessation
Workplace Health Audits & Surveillance Programs
Audits – Assessing the health and wellness of your organization
Workplace health audits help benchmark the overall health of your organization. They are an important first step in developing the goals and direction of your overall occupational health strategy.
Fundamental workplace health considerations include:
- Review of mental/social risks
- Monitoring of air, water quality and chemical threats
- Physical risks
- Industrial hygene issues
- Chronic health issues in employee population
Surveillance – Maintaining health and wellness across your company
Health Surveillance Programs monitor the ongoing health of your employees. These programs help you identify initial improvements and monitor employee and workplace health over time. You can thus proactively impact employee health and track the results.
Important factors to be considered include:
- Exposure to dust
- Exposure to vapour
- Exposure to noise
- Exposure to radiation or chemicals
- Impacts of physical exertion
Contact us to learn more about how a workplace health audit or surveillance program could benefit your organization.