The Seach & Rescue Sector
Search and rescue
Speed and preparedness are of particular importance to emergency responders. When called upon, teams must gather and manage any number of people and assets at a moment’s notice. Software tools that save time and make the search manager job easier are irreplaceable.
The PRAXES team understands that in order to be successful, search managers need access to:
- Current and accessible information about volunteers: to store and track critical information about training, skills, knowledge and health of staff and volunteers – “How many trained and available search leaders are there in Ontario?”
- Current information about assets and property: location, current condition, tracking data – “Where is that snowmobile?”
- Software that resides on a central server for overall control and on remote devices beyond internet range
- Software that is intuitive, simple to use, and fast
EMwerx has been in continuous use by emergency medical professionals since 2003. Today, key emergency response teams manage emergency incidents using EMwerx software, including the Nova Scotia Ground Search and Rescue Association, Newfoundland & Labrador Search and Rescue Association, Nunavut Emergency Management Organization, the Manitoba Office of the Fire Commissioner, and the Yukon Emergency Measures Organization.
Software for managing remote operations
If you are managing a remote medical facility, a remote search incident, or staff working in remote locations, EMwerx has an application. EMwerx was designed to meet the needs of remote work teams. It is an Internet-based solution that also operates as a stand-alone tool without Internet connection.
EMwerx is a remote incident management software, primarily:
- Used to capture information in real-time, and synchronize securely with a central database once an internet connection is available.
- Built for emergency doctors as a tactical emergency response tool
- Designed to manage people, assets and emergency events, in real-time in the field
EMwerx is built on the Incident Command System (ICS) methodology.
24/7 Global Telemedicine
Sometimes you can’t call 911 – call PRAXES
“Partnering with PRAXES ensures our medics in remote locations across Canada – both onshore and offshore – have immediate 24/7 access to world-class medical advice in emergency situations”.
– President, Frontier Medex
A unique healthcare model
Our remote healthcare delivery model is designed to do three things:
- Improve employee health
- Reduce risks – both financial and operational
- Save money by dealing with medical incidents immediately
PRAXES Telemedicine is the only service that:
- Has one global call number
- Guarantees caller has emergency physician on line in under 5 minutes, anywhere.
- Bilingual services (French/English) as well as translation for other languages
- Records every call
- Establishes a medical record for every call
- Assesses skills of the caller/medic on every call
- Auto-faxes information to referral clinic or hospital as appropriate
- Sends incident alert to the client if desired