Remote medicine – preventing incidents from becoming accidents
Remote medical incidents can quickly result in large costs to an organization. The average age of workers is rising; and chronic conditions are more common among workers. Employers now manage more health issues than ever.
“With PRAXES technology, we have reduced expensive vessel diversions, significantly improved our ranking with WCB, and saved in excess of $500,000 annually”. – Colin MacDonald, CEO, Clearwater Fine Foods Inc.
EMdoc Emergency Telemedicine – a typical call
EMdoc is on standby 24/7 to provide immediate medical advice. A timely call by your field staff will trigger the following response in under 5 minutes, globally:
- Call placed to the PRAXES call centre via one, global number
- If translation services are required, the dispatcher patches the translator, physician, and caller together
- PRAXES emergency physician responds in under 5 minutes, supplying medical advice to your on-site staff
- Occupational health issues are triaged as required
- If a medical evacuation is required, the system sends a medical report to a receiving institution and automatically alerts a designated company manager via email or text message, anywhere in the world
- An electronic medical record is created by the PRAXES Physician using EMwerx – our proprietary software solution
- Incident information and alerts are available immediately via email or fax
- Remote medical staff are evaluated on every call and every call is recorded
The right combination of highly trained and experienced physicians, unique protocols and innovative software supports the PRAXES 5 minute global response guarantee. PRAXES offers the only remote emergency telemedicine service that includes guaranteed response times, specialist physicians, translation services, electronic medical records, and automated alerts.
Contact us to learn more about our remote medical services.