The Oil & Gas Sector
PRAXES has a long history of supporting sea-based oil & gas operations off Canada’s east coast, and in operations as far away as west Africa. Both land and sea-based operations tend to be remote, dangerous, and subject to expensive stoppages. The right medical systems need to be on-site.
PRAXES medical staff are specialists in developing solutions to meet the concerns of site managers, including:
- Access to immediate telemedicine support, anywhere
- Prevention of medical incidents that may stop a worksite
- Access to the right Medevac team on standby
- Remote medical staffing
- One-stop procurement of drugs/other medical supplies to ensure appropriateness, consistency, and compliance
- Crew medical records – web based
- Tracking of regulated medical exams of crew and timely recertification
Remote Medical Staffing
PRAXES has been supplying remote medical staff for assignments in Canada and aboard for over 15 years. The PRAXES approach:
- We have a rigorous processes for hiring, screening and training our remote health staff.
- We serve highly specialized needs. Example – prisons
- We know the medical and legal requirements of different operating jurisdictions and are familiar with the liaison requirements of industrial boards etc
- We supply PRAXES proprietary methods and technologies (EMwerx) to support our staff and provide a higher level of response and efficacy as a result
- We supply the full range of services required
- Health professionals in all categories
- Standby medevac services to support staff
EMwerx has been in continuous use by emergency medical professionals since 2003. Today, key emergency response teams manage emergency incidents using EMwerx software, including the Nova Scotia Ground Search and Rescue Association, the Manitoba Office of the Fire Commissioner, and the Yukon Emergency Measures Organization.
Software for managing remote operations
If you are managing a remote medical facility, a remote search incident, or staff working in remote locations, EMwerx has an application. EMwerx was designed to meet the needs of remote work teams. It is an Internet-based solution that also operates as a stand-alone tool without Internet connection.
EMwerx is a remote incident management software, primarily:
- Used to capture information in real-time, and synchronize securely with a central database once an internet connection is available.
- Built for emergency doctors as a tactical emergency response tool
- Designed to manage people, assets and emergency events, in real-time in the field
Installation options include:
- Laptop/USB drive installation
Medical Kits & Supplies
On-site emergency preparedness
PRAXES provides medical kits and supplies customized to your specific needs and industry.
We have trusted suppliers and current knowledge of the regulations that affect your organization and its operating environment. We have a full time procurement team dedicated to finding the most appropriate medical solutions for your business.
We’ll help you:
- Buy only medications and supplies that you really need in your operating environment
- Make inventories consistent
- Reduce the need for costly medical transports offsite
- Reduce occurence of WCB claims and rising premium costs
24/7 Global Telemedicine
Sometimes you can’t call 911 – call PRAXES
“Partnering with PRAXES ensures our medics in remote locations across Canada – both onshore and offshore – have immediate 24/7 access to world-class medical advice in emergency situations”.
– President, Frontier Medex
A unique healthcare model
Our remote healthcare delivery model is designed to do three things:
- Improve employee health
- Reduce risks – both financial and operational
- Save money by dealing with medical incidents immediately
PRAXES Telemedicine is the only service that:
- Has one global call number
- Guarantees caller has emergency physician on line in under 5 minutes, anywhere.
- Bilingual services (French/English) as well as translation for other languages
- Records every call
- Establishes a medical record for every call
- Assesses skills of the caller/medic on every call
- Auto-faxes information to referral clinic or hospital as appropriate
- Sends incident alert to the client if desired
Safe & timely return to work
Managing the details of medical cases is a timely and costly task for many organizations. PRAXES can help.
We provide medical case management for individuals or groups. Medical case management involves the assessment of the current medical condition(s), as well as planning and managing the proper course of action towards the goal of medical rehabilitation in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Our medical case management expertise lies within the falling areas:
- Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) claims
- Disability case management
Medical Exams & Testing
Employee medical exams and testing
Many industry sectors require specific medical exams for specific job types or activities. PRAXES supports most industries with a comprehensive list of exams, including: