The Marine Sector
Emergency & workplace health services – crucial for marine health
Canada has a long tradition of innovation in the marine sector, born in part of the need to design and build vessels for extreme operational environments. Workers in this industry are responsible for everything from shipbuilding to crew duty aboard the boats, making health a top priority for marine managers.
PRAXES has a unique emergency health services program to address many of the concerns facing the industry, including:
- Access to immediate emergency medical support, anywhere.
- One-stop procurement of all drugs/medical supplies to ensure appropriateness, consistency, and compliance
- Health records for crew that are accessible anywhere, for review by a local physician
- Tracking of regulated medical exams of crew and timely recertification in any location
- The cost of vessel delays due to crew compliance with medical standards
Travel Health & Immunizations
PRAXES’ travel medicine clinic provides travel health advice and immunizations for individuals, families, or groups.
- Some vaccines require multiple doses over time – plan ahead so you are able to complete vaccination process prior to travelling
- Proof of immunization is required in certain countries for entry
The Travel Medicine Consultation – major destination or remote location
Our travel clinic health nurse or travel doctor will review your destination and trip plans and provide advice regarding safe health practices and immunization needs specific to your needs.
Vaccines and travel medications available include:
- Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis A&B combination
- Tetanus, Tetanus Diphtheria & Polio combination, or Tetanus Diphtheria & Pertussis combinations.
- Polio, Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR), Seasonal Influenza, Meningitis, Yellow Fever and Typhoid Fever.
Remote Medical Staffing
PRAXES has been supplying remote medical staff for assignments in Canada and aboard for over 15 years. The PRAXES approach:
- We have a rigorous processes for hiring, screening and training our remote health staff.
- We serve highly specialized needs. Example – prisons
- We know the medical and legal requirements of different operating jurisdictions and are familiar with the liaison requirements of industrial boards etc
- We supply PRAXES proprietary methods and technologies (EMwerx) to support our staff and provide a higher level of response and efficacy as a result
- We supply the full range of services required
- Health professionals in all categories
- Standby medevac services to support staff
EMwerx has been in continuous use by emergency medical professionals since 2003. Today, key emergency response teams manage emergency incidents using EMwerx software, including the Nova Scotia Ground Search and Rescue Association, the Manitoba Office of the Fire Commissioner, and the Yukon Emergency Measures Organization.
Software for managing remote operations
If you are managing a remote medical facility, a remote search incident, or staff working in remote locations, EMwerx has an application. EMwerx was designed to meet the needs of remote work teams. It is an Internet-based solution that also operates as a stand-alone tool without Internet connection.
EMwerx is a remote incident management software, primarily:
- Used to capture information in real-time, and synchronize securely with a central database once an internet connection is available.
- Built for emergency doctors as a tactical emergency response tool
- Designed to manage people, assets and emergency events, in real-time in the field
Installation options include:
- Laptop/USB drive installation
Medical Kits & Supplies
On-site emergency preparedness
PRAXES provides medical kits and supplies customized to your specific needs and industry.
We have trusted suppliers and current knowledge of the regulations that affect your organization and its operating environment. We have a full time procurement team dedicated to finding the most appropriate medical solutions for your business.
We’ll help you:
- Buy only medications and supplies that you really need in your operating environment
- Make inventories consistent
- Reduce the need for costly medical transports offsite
- Reduce occurence of WCB claims and rising premium costs
On-site Medical Clinics
The right medical care for your remote operations
As a leader in the design and delivery of remote medical services, PRAXES provides clients with advice about the level of medical care required at their remote site.
We provide a complete solution – from design of the on-site clinic, through to procurement and set up, to staffing and operation.
- All the necessary medical equipment, medications and supplies, on a purchase or rental basis, at First Aid, Basic Life Support or Advanced Life Support levels
- The required level of on-site medical staff – we manage the hiring and HR issues
- Telemedicine support (EMdoc)
- Written medical directives to support the medical staff
- Occupational physician support for on-site staff (OHdoc)
- Medical oversight and chart review
- Software to run the clinic (EMwerx)
Our operational methods help you:
- Save money:
- You only buy the medications and supplies that you really need in your operating environment
- Your inventories are consistent at every clinic site
- Reduce the need for costly medical transports off site
- Reduce occurrence of WCB claims and rising premium costs
24/7 Global Telemedicine
Sometimes you can’t call 911 – call PRAXES
“Partnering with PRAXES ensures our medics in remote locations across Canada – both onshore and offshore – have immediate 24/7 access to world-class medical advice in emergency situations”.
– President, Frontier Medex
A unique healthcare model
Our remote healthcare delivery model is designed to do three things:
- Improve employee health
- Reduce risks – both financial and operational
- Save money by dealing with medical incidents immediately
PRAXES Telemedicine is the only service that:
- Has one global call number
- Guarantees caller has emergency physician on line in under 5 minutes, anywhere.
- Bilingual services (French/English) as well as translation for other languages
- Records every call
- Establishes a medical record for every call
- Assesses skills of the caller/medic on every call
- Auto-faxes information to referral clinic or hospital as appropriate
- Sends incident alert to the client if desired
Safe & timely return to work
Managing the details of medical cases is a timely and costly task for many organizations. PRAXES can help.
We provide medical case management for individuals or groups. Medical case management involves the assessment of the current medical condition(s), as well as planning and managing the proper course of action towards the goal of medical rehabilitation in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Our medical case management expertise lies within the falling areas:
- Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) claims
- Disability case management
Medical Exams & Testing
Employee medical exams and testing
Many industry sectors require specific medical exams for specific job types or activities. PRAXES supports most industries with a comprehensive list of exams, including: