The Government Sector
Much like the private industry, governments are feeling the pressure to be more efficient with fewer resources. This means:
- Health issues are consuming more time and budget
- The workforce is aging and chronic health problems are increasing
- Absenteeism (for health reasons) needs to be managed
- The realization that the public health care system is not mandated, equipped or able, to deal with workplace health issues
Government health services: a pressing issue in the public sector
PRAXES works with managers in the public sector to address the following concerns:
- Health planning – managers are increasingly responsible for the health of their employees
- Executive health – programs that offer specialised services, such as health coaches and 24/7 emergency medical support
- Access to on-site health clinics
- Access to 24/7 emergency medical support
- One-stop procurement of drugs/medical supplies to ensure appropriateness, consistency, and compliance
- Process improvement – reducing time and saving money in health care processes
EMwerx has been in continuous use by emergency medical professionals since 2003. Today, key emergency response teams manage emergency incidents using EMwerx software, including the Nova Scotia Ground Search and Rescue Association, the Manitoba Office of the Fire Commissioner, and the Yukon Emergency Measures Organization.
Software for managing remote operations
If you are managing a remote medical facility, a remote search incident, or staff working in remote locations, EMwerx has an application. EMwerx was designed to meet the needs of remote work teams. It is an Internet-based solution that also operates as a stand-alone tool without Internet connection.
EMwerx is a remote incident management software, primarily:
- Used to capture information in real-time, and synchronize securely with a central database once an internet connection is available.
- Built for emergency doctors as a tactical emergency response tool
- Designed to manage people, assets and emergency events, in real-time in the field
Installation options include:
- Laptop/USB drive installation
Medical Kits & Supplies
On-site emergency preparedness
PRAXES provides medical kits and supplies customized to your specific needs and industry.
We have trusted suppliers and current knowledge of the regulations that affect your organization and its operating environment. We have a full time procurement team dedicated to finding the most appropriate medical solutions for your business.
We’ll help you:
- Buy only medications and supplies that you really need in your operating environment
- Make inventories consistent
- Reduce the need for costly medical transports offsite
- Reduce occurence of WCB claims and rising premium costs
Every health organization in Canada is feeling the pressure to address costs, while improving service delivery.
PRAXES consulting physicians and business professionals have over 100 years of collective experience in consulting services and methodologies that can bring dramatic improvements to motivated client organizations.
- Advice to government officials re service delivery options that deliver cost reduction/performance improvement
- Policy development or refinement
- Business process audits, work flow analysis in hospital and clinical settings
- Organizational reviews
- Assistance with setting up programs and simulation centers
- Design of training and education programs for all level of learners (paramedic, RN, PA, physician)
On-site Medical Clinics
The right medical care for your remote operations
As a leader in the design and delivery of remote medical services, PRAXES provides clients with advice about the level of medical care required at their remote site.
We provide a complete solution – from design of the on-site clinic, through to procurement and set up, to staffing and operation.
- All the necessary medical equipment, medications and supplies, on a purchase or rental basis, at First Aid, Basic Life Support or Advanced Life Support levels
- The required level of on-site medical staff – we manage the hiring and HR issues
- Telemedicine support (EMdoc)
- Written medical directives to support the medical staff
- Occupational physician support for on-site staff (OHdoc)
- Medical oversight and chart review
- Software to run the clinic (EMwerx)
Our operational methods help you:
- Save money:
- You only buy the medications and supplies that you really need in your operating environment
- Your inventories are consistent at every clinic site
- Reduce the need for costly medical transports off site
- Reduce occurrence of WCB claims and rising premium costs
24/7 Global Telemedicine
Sometimes you can’t call 911 – call PRAXES
“Partnering with PRAXES ensures our medics in remote locations across Canada – both onshore and offshore – have immediate 24/7 access to world-class medical advice in emergency situations”.
– President, Frontier Medex
A unique healthcare model
Our remote healthcare delivery model is designed to do three things:
- Improve employee health
- Reduce risks – both financial and operational
- Save money by dealing with medical incidents immediately
PRAXES Telemedicine is the only service that:
- Has one global call number
- Guarantees caller has emergency physician on line in under 5 minutes, anywhere.
- Bilingual services (French/English) as well as translation for other languages
- Records every call
- Establishes a medical record for every call
- Assesses skills of the caller/medic on every call
- Auto-faxes information to referral clinic or hospital as appropriate
- Sends incident alert to the client if desired
Healthy employees create the foundations of a healthy business. The PRAXES team of Workplace Health specialists use a wide range of tools to make this happen. We assess the health and well being of your staff, then design programs according to the specific cases of individuals and groups.