First Nations – a partnership opportunity
Nurse turnover in Northern communities is a chronic issue. This is due in part to the lack of medical oversight nurses experience when making health and medical decisions for their patients.
PRAXES can reduce those feelings of solitude and uncertainty by supplying both medical staff and ongoing remote oversight by all levels of our medical staff – family doctors, occupational health and other physician specialists, nurses, and paramedics.
PRAXES has spent 15 years perfecting the 3 key elements specific to the remote delivery of health and emergency medical services:
- The PRAXES national team of dedicated specialist physicians who respond to emergency medical calls within 5 minutes
- The PRAXES methods and protocols developed to handle medical emergencies via phone and video
- The PRAXES technology (software) engine which runs the system 24/7 to ensure standards are met
By working together, one or more First Nations partners across Canada could:
- Become a lead supplier of PRAXES healthcare support for communities
- Provide remote medical services for industrial customers (income could cover some/all cost of service to communities)
- Resell these services/technologies to other first nations groups under license, for use in their territories
Remote Medical Staffing
PRAXES has been supplying remote medical staff for assignments in Canada and aboard for over 15 years. The PRAXES approach:
- We have a rigorous processes for hiring, screening and training our remote health staff.
- We serve highly specialized needs. Example – prisons
- We know the medical and legal requirements of different operating jurisdictions and are familiar with the liaison requirements of industrial boards etc
- We supply PRAXES proprietary methods and technologies (EMwerx) to support our staff and provide a higher level of response and efficacy as a result
- We supply the full range of services required
- Health professionals in all categories
- Standby medevac services to support staff
EMwerx has been in continuous use by emergency medical professionals since 2003. Today, key emergency response teams manage emergency incidents using EMwerx software, including the Nova Scotia Ground Search and Rescue Association, the Manitoba Office of the Fire Commissioner, and the Yukon Emergency Measures Organization.
Software for managing remote operations
If you are managing a remote medical facility, a remote search incident, or staff working in remote locations, EMwerx has an application. EMwerx was designed to meet the needs of remote work teams. It is an Internet-based solution that also operates as a stand-alone tool without Internet connection.
EMwerx is a remote incident management software, primarily:
- Used to capture information in real-time, and synchronize securely with a central database once an internet connection is available.
- Built for emergency doctors as a tactical emergency response tool
- Designed to manage people, assets and emergency events, in real-time in the field
Installation options include:
- Laptop/USB drive installation
Medical Kits & Supplies
On-site emergency preparedness
PRAXES provides medical kits and supplies customized to your specific needs and industry.
We have trusted suppliers and current knowledge of the regulations that affect your organization and its operating environment. We have a full time procurement team dedicated to finding the most appropriate medical solutions for your business.
We’ll help you:
- Buy only medications and supplies that you really need in your operating environment
- Make inventories consistent
- Reduce the need for costly medical transports offsite
- Reduce occurence of WCB claims and rising premium costs
On-site Medical Clinics
The right medical care for your remote operations
As a leader in the design and delivery of remote medical services, PRAXES provides clients with advice about the level of medical care required at their remote site.
We provide a complete solution – from design of the on-site clinic, through to procurement and set up, to staffing and operation.
- All the necessary medical equipment, medications and supplies, on a purchase or rental basis, at First Aid, Basic Life Support or Advanced Life Support levels
- The required level of on-site medical staff – we manage the hiring and HR issues
- Telemedicine support (EMdoc)
- Written medical directives to support the medical staff
- Occupational physician support for on-site staff (OHdoc)
- Medical oversight and chart review
- Software to run the clinic (EMwerx)
Our operational methods help you:
- Save money:
- You only buy the medications and supplies that you really need in your operating environment
- Your inventories are consistent at every clinic site
- Reduce the need for costly medical transports off site
- Reduce occurrence of WCB claims and rising premium costs
24/7 Global Telemedicine
Sometimes you can’t call 911 – call PRAXES
“Partnering with PRAXES ensures our medics in remote locations across Canada – both onshore and offshore – have immediate 24/7 access to world-class medical advice in emergency situations”.
– President, Frontier Medex
A unique healthcare model
Our remote healthcare delivery model is designed to do three things:
- Improve employee health
- Reduce risks – both financial and operational
- Save money by dealing with medical incidents immediately
PRAXES Telemedicine is the only service that:
- Has one global call number
- Guarantees caller has emergency physician on line in under 5 minutes, anywhere.
- Bilingual services (French/English) as well as translation for other languages
- Records every call
- Establishes a medical record for every call
- Assesses skills of the caller/medic on every call
- Auto-faxes information to referral clinic or hospital as appropriate
- Sends incident alert to the client if desired